Occupational health and safety (OHS)
ELLE offers its clients services in the area of occupation health and safety in conformity with the requirements of Cabinet Regulations No. 723 “Regulations Regarding the Requirements for Competent Authorities and Competent Specialists in Labour Protection Issues and the Procedures for Evaluating Competence” (08.09.2008.)
We offer the following services in the area of occupational health and safety:
- Development and update of OHS system;
- Assessment of work environmental risks;
- Maintenance of OHS system;
- Training of employees;
- Assessment of personal protective equipment;
- Organization of fire safety issues;
- Evaluation of the explosive atmospheres at work.
The provision of services is ensured by competent occupational health and safety and fire safety specialists with many years of experience in the fields of occupational health and safety, fire safety and explosive atmospheres.
The Ministry of Welfare of the Republic of Latvia granted SIA “Estonian, Latvian & Lithuanian Environment” a status of competent authority in the field of occupational health and safety.
ATEX and explosive atmospheres
ELLE offers to carry out explosive environment risk assessment (ATEX) in your company.
Explosive environment risk assessment and documentation is prepared in accordance with ATEX directive and Latvian legislation requirements regarding explosive environmental risk assessment.
Latvian legislation provides that in case of explosive environment the company should:
- Carry out explosion risk assessment and classification of workplace safety areas, based on the frequency of occurrence and duration of explosive environment;
- Set requirements for protective equipment and choice and use of protection systems depending on the explosive zone.
In order to meet the requirements of laws and regulations regarding explosive environments, we offer to develop “Document on protection against explosive environmental risk”, which includes assessment of the following issues:
- Classification of explosive environment areas, using visual aids;
- Description of explosive environment risk sources;
- Organizational measures to prevent explosions;
- Technical and organizational measures for prevention or mitigation of explosive atmosphere risk;
- Use of the equipment depending on work place classification area;
- Work place conformity assessment;
- Action plan for risk reduction.
Jānis Prindulis, Project Manager